The Blink Subscription Plan offers an easy and convenient way for customers to enjoy various benefits and features for their Blink security cameras. However, sometimes users may face issues with their subscription plan not working properly.
In this article, we will discuss common reasons why the Blink subscription plan might not work and provide troubleshooting tips to help users fix these issues. Whether it’s an expired free trial, problems with payment methods, or issues with linking Amazon and Blink accounts, we will cover the essential steps needed to get your Blink subscription plan back on track.
Table of Contents
Understanding Blink Subscription Plans
Blink Subscription Features
Blink Subscription Plans offer a range of benefits to users, enhancing the functionality of their Blink devices. Some of these features include:
- Unlimited cloud video recording
- 60-day unlimited cloud storage
- Live view recording
- Extended Live View (available on Blink Wired Floodlight and Mini cameras)
- Photo Capture 5 (available on Blink Video Doorbell and Blink Indoor and Outdoor 3rd Gen cameras)
- Person Detection (available on select devices)
Subscription Plans and Pricing
Blink offers different subscription plans catering to various user needs. Be sure to research the plan that is best suited to your requirements in terms of features, storage, and compatibility with your devices.
Free Trial and Renewal
When setting up a new Blink device, users are granted access to a 30-day free trial. This allows them to experience the premium features and decide if they’d like to continue using them with a paid Blink subscription plan. Ensure that your subscription plan is activated after the free trial period to avoid disruptions in premium services.
Keep in mind that failure to renew or activate a subscription at the end of a free trial will result in losing access to the premium features. You may also need to link your Blink devices to your Amazon account to ensure seamless continuity of subscription benefits.
Common Issues with Blink Subscription Plans
Payment Related Issues
Sometimes, issues with Blink subscription plans can arise due to problems with payment information. These issues can include expired credit cards, insufficient funds on debit cards, or cards being declined for other reasons. To resolve payment-related issues, ensure that you update your payment information in your Amazon account Wallet with accurate and up-to-date information.
Login and Account Issues
Another common problem that users could encounter while dealing with Blink subscription plans is difficulties in logging in or accessing their accounts. In some cases, users may have signed up using a different email address or made a typo during sign up. If you are unable to access your subscription, try the following steps:
- Log out and log back in to your Blink account.
- Double-check the email address used for signing up.
- Reset your password if you have forgotten it or suspect a login issue.
Device Linking and Recording Problems
At times, Blink devices may not function properly, leading to recording issues or difficulties in linking the devices to your Amazon account. This can impact your Blink subscription plan. To address these problems, follow these steps:
- Link your Blink devices to your Amazon account:
- Scroll down the homepage and tap on Menu.
- Select Your Account from the drop-down menu.
- Sign in to your Amazon account.
- Select Account from the top menu after logging in.
- Ensure that motion detection settings and recording parameters are set up correctly:
- Check your Blink device settings to make sure motion detection is enabled.
- Adjust the sensitivity settings to optimize detection and recording.
- Verify that the recording duration and clip length are optimal for your needs.
By addressing these common issues with Blink subscription plans, users can ensure a smooth and seamless experience with their Blink devices.
Troubleshooting Subscription Plan Issues
Contacting Customer Support
If your Blink subscription plan is not working, a good first step is to contact the Blink customer support team. They can assist you in identifying and resolving any issues you may be experiencing with your subscription. To reach out to customer support, visit the customer support page on the Blink website.
Checking Blink App and Website for Updates
Another step in troubleshooting your Blink subscription plan issue is to check the Blink app and website for updates. Ensure that you are running the latest version of the Blink app on your device, as outdated software may cause problems with your subscription. If there is an update available, install it and check if your subscription is working properly afterward. Additionally, monitor the Blink website for any announcements or notifications about server maintenance or known issues that might be affecting your subscription.
Attaching and Detaching Blink Devices
Sometimes, you may need to attach or detach your Blink devices from your subscription plan to resolve issues. To do this, follow the steps below:
- Open the Blink app and sign in to your account.
- Navigate to the settings menu.
- Locate the option to manage your subscription plan and devices.
- From here, you can attach or detach devices from your subscription plan.
After attaching or detaching your devices, check if your subscription issue has been resolved. If not, try contacting the tech support team for further assistance.
Advanced Features and Storage Options
Cloud Storage and Storage Options
Blink offers different storage options for its customers, including cloud storage and local storage on USB. Cloud storage is available through Blink Subscription Plan, while local storage is available on selected devices. With a Blink subscription, you can enjoy various features and benefits on your devices such as:
- Access to cloud storage to save your video history
- Ability to share stored videos with friends and family members
- Enhanced smartphone functionality with the Blink App
- One-time password feature for added security
Video History and Sharing
The Blink Subscription Plan offers options for storing and accessing video history captured by your Blink devices. With cloud storage, you can easily and securely access your video history from your smartphone, tablet, or computer using the Blink App.
Furthermore, as a Blink subscriber, you have the convenience of sharing your stored videos with other Blink users, enabling friends and family to keep a close eye on your property.
In summary, the Blink Subscription Plan not only provides various storage options but also enhances your overall user experience with advanced features such as video history access and sharing capabilities.