Changing the batteries of your Kwikset smart lock is an essential aspect of smart lock maintenance.
In this article, we will discuss the process of replacing the batteries in your Kwikset smart lock, including how to identify your smart lock’s model and the tools required for battery replacement.
Table of Contents
Identifying Your Kwikset Smart Lock Model
Before you change the batteries in your Kwikset smart lock, it is essential to identify the specific model you are using. Kwikset offers several smart lock models that come in a variety of styles and have different battery replacement procedures.
Some of the popular Kwikset smart lock models include:
- SmartCode 955
To identify your Kwikset smart lock model, you can follow these simple steps:
- First, locate the Kwikset logo on the interior of your lock. This is typically found on the inner side of your door.
- Next, examine the lock’s interior design and features to determine which series it belongs to. For instance, the Kevo series has a circular, touch-to-open design, while SmartCode models have a keypad interface.
- If you’re still unsure about your lock model, refer to the product documentation that came with your lock, or visit the Kwikset website to compare your lock with the images and descriptions provided.
Understanding Battery Needs and Types
Your Kwikset smart lock requires a consistent power source to maintain its performance and reliability. The type of batteries you use, as well as their quality, can significantly impact the lock’s battery life and overall functionality.
Most Kwikset smart locks require AA alkaline batteries, which provide optimal performance and long battery life.
These batteries are specifically designed to last over a year when combined with the proper usage of your lock, approximately 10 times per day.
Avoid using rechargeable batteries, as they can quickly drain and have a shorter lifespan.
When it comes to purchasing batteries for your smart lock, consider the following factors:
- Battery type: Look for AA alkaline batteries as they are the most recommended for Kwikset smart locks.
- Battery quality: Choose high-quality, non-rechargeable alkaline batteries from reliable and well-known brands to ensure consistent power and longevity.
- Battery replacement: Monitor the status LED of your Kwikset lock for indications of low battery, such as red lights or flashing signals, and replace the batteries as needed.
To prolong the battery life of your Kwikset smart lock and maintain its efficient operation, it is crucial to:
- Use new, non-rechargeable alkaline batteries.
- Avoid overusing the lock; aim for standard usage of approximately 10 times per day.
- Replace batteries promptly when the lock displays a low-battery warning.
Tools Required for Battery Replacement
When it’s time to replace the batteries in your Kwikset Smart Lock, having the right tools on hand will make the process smooth and efficient.
First and foremost, you’ll want to gather the tools necessary for the job. Some of the basic tools you’ll need are:
- A flathead screwdriver: This tool is essential for prying off the interior cover of the lock without damaging it. Some Kwikset models may require a Phillips head screwdriver instead, so consult your specific lock model documentation.
- A clean cloth or towel: A clean, lint-free cloth or towel comes in handy when you need to clean the lock’s components or remove any debris before reassembling the lock.
Additionally, you will need the following materials:
- Fresh batteries: Check the documentation for your specific Kwikset Smart Lock model to determine the required battery type, as it may vary. Typically, Kwikset locks use AA alkaline batteries.
- Optional – A small wrench (if available): Although not always required, having a small wrench on hand can be helpful in case you need to loosen any screws or fastenings during the battery replacement process.
Procedure to Replace Batteries
Changing batteries in your Kwikset Smart Lock is a straightforward process. Follow the step-by-step instructions provided below to ensure a smooth and efficient battery replacement.
- Gather the necessary tools: Before you start, be certain to have a small flathead screwdriver and fresh batteries on hand. Make sure you’re using the correct battery type required for your specific lock model.
- Locate the battery compartment: In most Kwikset Smart Lock models, including Kevo, Halo, Aura, Obsidian, Premis, and most SmartCode models, the battery compartment is covered by a black battery cover. If your lock has a security screw, you may need to remove it using a screwdriver.
Next, follow these simple steps to replace the batteries in your Kwikset Smart Lock:
- Remove the battery cover: Slide the black battery cover up or lift it to expose the battery pack.
- Take out the old batteries: Carefully remove the battery pack from the compartment by gently pulling it out or using the flathead screwdriver to pry it loose.
- Replace the batteries: Insert the fresh batteries into the battery pack, ensuring they are correctly aligned according to the polarity markings.
- Reinstall the battery pack: Place the battery pack back into the battery compartment, making sure it is securely in place.
- Close the battery cover: Slide or lower the battery cover back into place, covering the battery compartment. If you had removed a security screw earlier, reinstall it at this stage.
Orientation of Batteries
When it comes to changing the batteries in your Kwikset Smart Lock, it is essential to ensure they are oriented correctly. Installing the batteries properly ensures the lock functions seamlessly and provides optimal battery life.
Here’s a simple guide to follow when changing your Kwikset Smart Lock’s batteries:
- Locate the battery compartment: The battery pack is typically found inside the lock’s interior cover. To access it, remove the three screws located on the left, bottom, and right of the cover. Once the cover is detached, you can access the battery pack and lift it out using the small handle provided.
- Use the correct battery type: Your specific Kwikset Smart Lock model may require a specific battery type, which is most commonly AA batteries. Be sure to check your lock model’s specifications to ensure you use the correct batteries.
- Proper orientation: When inserting the new batteries, make sure to follow the battery orientation markings on the battery pack. The markings will show the correct direction for the positive (+) and negative (-) ends of the batteries. It’s important to follow these markings, as incorrect orientation can potentially damage the lock or reduce its functionality.
- Check the functionality: Once the batteries are installed, test the lock to ensure it is functioning properly. If you notice any issues, double-check the battery orientation and ensure that all batteries are making proper contact within the battery pack.
Guidelines to Dispose Old Batteries
When it’s time to change the batteries in your Kwikset smart lock, you should also consider the proper disposal of the old batteries.
Batteries contain harmful substances that can be hazardous to the environment and human health if not disposed of correctly. In this section, we will guide you on the best practices for disposing of your old batteries.
Before you dispose of old batteries, it’s important to determine the type of batteries used in your Kwikset smart lock.
Most models use either AA or CR2025 batteries, but always check your lock’s documentation to be sure.
Once you know the type of batteries you’re dealing with, follow the guidelines below:
- Do not throw the old batteries in your regular household trash. This can lead to contamination of soil, water sources, and endanger wildlife.
- Locate a proper disposal facility. Many cities and towns have designated battery recycling centers or hazardous waste disposal facilities where you can safely drop off your old batteries. Search online or contact your local waste management authority to find the nearest facility.
- Consider participating in a battery recycling program. Some stores, especially those that sell batteries, may also offer recycling programs where you can bring in your old batteries for proper disposal.
To make the battery disposal process more efficient, follow these tips:
- Collect your old batteries in a container or bag, separate from your regular trash, until you have enough to take to a disposal facility.
- Tape over the terminals of the batteries to avoid short-circuiting and potential fire hazards, particularly if you’re dealing with lithium batteries.
- If you frequently replace batteries in your smart locks or other devices, consider investing in rechargeable batteries. This can reduce battery waste and save you money in the long run.
Programming after Battery Replacement
When you change the batteries in your Kwikset Smart Lock, it’s important to reprogram your lock to ensure it functions seamlessly. We will help you through this process so you can lock and unlock your door with ease.
First, make sure the lock is unlocked.
To initiate the programming process, locate the Program button on the interior assembly of your lock.
Press and hold the Program button for about 5 seconds. You may hear a beep or see a LED indicator to confirm the programming mode is activated.
Now, open the Kwikset App on your device and follow these steps:
- Go to the lock settings in the app
- Locate the “lock programming” option
- Follow the in-app instructions to program the lock
Before finalizing the programming process, don’t forget to press and hold button A, also located on the interior assembly, for another 5 seconds. This action ensures that the reprogramming is complete and that your Kwikset Smart Lock is ready for use.
Keep in mind these tips for maintaining your Kwikset Smart Lock:
- Regularly check the battery level through the Kwikset app and replace the batteries when necessary
- Refer to the user manual for troubleshooting and maintenance tips
- Keep the lock and its components clean to ensure smooth operation
By following these steps and taking care of your Kwikset Smart Lock, you can confidently secure your home while enjoying the convenience of keyless entry.
Troubleshooting Common Battery Issues
When you change the batteries in your Kwikset smart lock, you might encounter some problems that prevent the lock from functioning properly. This section covers common issues and their potential solutions:
- Check the batteries: Make sure you’ve installed the batteries correctly, with the right orientation. Even if you think you’ve inserted them correctly, double-check each one to make sure they are firmly seated in the tray.
- Battery drain: The battery life of your Kwikset smart lock depends on usage. It’s expected to last up to a year based on 10 entries per day. However, if your lock faces resistance during locking or unlocking due to a misaligned door, it could shorten the battery life as the motor uses more power. Consider fixing the door alignment to address this issue.
- Low battery alert: If you’re still receiving a low battery alert even after changing the batteries, try pressing the Program button and Button “A” on your lock before inserting the batteries. This can help reset the lock and clear any lingering alerts.
- Red light or light ring: If the red light or light ring on your Kwikset smart lock is flashing after a battery change, it might indicate an issue with the alignment of the lock, deadbolt, or strike plate. Inspect these components and make adjustments as needed.
- Restore default settings: As a last resort, you can restore the default settings on your lock by performing a factory reset. This will erase all existing user codes and settings, but it may solve any issues you’re experiencing with the lock after a battery change.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the procedure for changing batteries in a Kwikset SmartCode lock?
- Locate the battery compartment on the interior side of the door.
- Remove the battery cover.
- Replace the old batteries with new ones, taking note of the battery orientation.
- Before putting the battery cover back on, locate the reset button on the lock.
- Press the reset button firmly and hold it for around 5 seconds or until you distinctly hear three beeps.
Which battery type is required for Kwikset Smart Locks?
Kwikset Smart Locks usually require CR2025 batteries for Kevo fobs or AA alkaline batteries for SmartCode locks.
Do Kwikset locks need to be reprogrammed after a battery change?
No, Kwikset locks are designed to retain their programming even after battery changes. However, if you have any issues, you may need to perform a factory reset.
How often should batteries be replaced in Kwikset Smart Locks?
The frequency of battery replacement depends on usage. On average, the batteries in a Kwikset Smart Lock should be operable for 1-2 years with regular usage.
How can one access the battery pack in Kwikset Aura locks?
To access the battery pack in Kwikset Aura locks:
- Remove the interior cover.
- Locate the battery pack (usually at the bottom of the lock assembly).
- Gently slide the battery pack out and change the batteries.
Why is my Kwikset lock not functioning properly after changing batteries?
There could be a few reasons for this issue:
- Ensure that the batteries are installed correctly, with the correct orientation.
- Check if you have used the correct battery type (CR2025 or AA alkaline, depending on the model).
- Verify that the lock’s reset procedure was followed correctly after the battery change.
- If none of the above solutions work, consider performing a factory reset or contacting Kwikset customer support.