Resetting an Arlo doorbell can be a quick and simple process if you know the right steps to follow. This article will guide you through the process of resetting your Arlo Essential Video Doorbell or Arlo Audio Doorbell. Knowing how to reset your doorbell is crucial, as it can help to restore proper functionality or fix any issues you may be experiencing with the device.
Table of Contents
Resetting Your Arlo Doorbell
In this section, we will guide you on how to reset your Arlo doorbell. Resetting your doorbell can be helpful when troubleshooting issues or setting it up with a new account. We will discuss two main steps: locating the reset button and performing a factory reset.
Locate the Reset Button
Before you can reset your Arlo doorbell, you need to find the reset button. Generally, the reset button can be found underneath the battery cover of your Arlo doorbell. Keep in mind that the button’s location may vary slightly depending on the specific model.
Performing a Factory Reset
Once you have located the reset button, follow these steps to perform a factory reset on your Arlo doorbell:
- Open the battery cover: Remove the battery cover of your Arlo doorbell to access the reset button. Ensure that you do not remove the batteries during this process.
- Press and hold the reset button: Hold down the reset button for approximately 10 seconds. The LED light on your doorbell should flash white quickly to indicate a successful reset.
- Close the battery cover: After the reset, close the battery cover on your Arlo doorbell and follow the in-app setup process to reconnect the doorbell to your Arlo account.
Please note that resetting your Arlo doorbell will remove it from your Arlo account, and you will need to follow the in-app setup process again to use the doorbell. By following these steps, you should be able to reset your Arlo doorbell and resolve any issues or prepare it for a new account setup.
Step-by-Step Guide to Reset Arlo Essential Video Doorbell
Remove Device from Arlo Account
Before resetting your Arlo Essential Video Doorbell, ensure that it is removed from your Arlo account. By doing this, you will make the process smoother:
- Open the Arlo Secure App on your device.
- Go to Settings.
- Find your Arlo Essential Video Doorbell and tap on it.
- Scroll down and select Remove Device.
Insert Release Pin and Hold
Now that the doorbell has been removed from your account, it’s time to reset it. Follow these steps:
- Locate the release pin that came with your Arlo Essential Video Doorbell. If you cannot find it, a paperclip or a similar object will suffice.
- Press and hold the reset button on the back of the doorbell for about 15 seconds.
Wait for LED Ring to Change
As you keep holding the reset button, be observant of the LED ring around the doorbell button on the front of the device:
- The LED ring will initially flash white.
- Wait for the flashing to change into a solid white light.
Once the LED ring displays a solid white light, release the reset button. Your Arlo Essential Video Doorbell has now been reset to its default settings. To reuse the doorbell, you’ll need to follow the in-app setup process in the Arlo Secure App.
Step-by-Step Guide to Reset Arlo Audio Doorbell
In this section, we will provide a concise guide on how to reset your Arlo Audio Doorbell step by step. The process is quite simple and involves the following sub-sections:
Remove Battery Cover
First, you need to open your Arlo Audio Doorbell’s battery cover. Make sure that you do not remove the batteries during this process, as this step is quite crucial to successfully resetting the device.
Press Sync Button
Once you have opened the battery cover, locate the Sync button placed inside the device. Press and hold this button for 10 seconds. Pay attention to the LED indicator on the doorbell; it should flash white in quick succession to signal a successful reset.
Reattach Battery Cover
After the LED indicates a successful reset, close the battery cover properly. Make sure it is securely in place as you reattach it to the Arlo Audio Doorbell.
Now that you’ve completed the reset process, you should test the functionality of your Arlo Audio Doorbell. Press the doorbell button to check if it is working correctly and connecting with your Arlo system.
Remember that this guide only focuses on resetting the Arlo Audio Doorbell. For other Arlo devices, you may need to follow a different set of instructions.
Reconnecting Your Arlo Doorbell to the Arlo Secure App
When you need to reconnect your Arlo doorbell to the Arlo Secure app, follow these simple steps:
Add New Device to Your Account
- Open the Arlo Secure app on your mobile device.
- Scroll down and find the Add New Device option, and tap on it.
- Select Doorbells and Chimes from the list of device categories.
- Choose the type of Arlo doorbell you have (e.g., Audio Doorbell or Video Doorbell).
Follow the In-App Setup Process
- The app will provide you with step-by-step instructions to reconnect your Arlo doorbell. Follow these instructions carefully.
- Make sure your doorbell is powered on and connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your mobile device.
- If you have recently made changes to your Wi-Fi network, such as updating your Wi-Fi password or changing your ISP, ensure that your Arlo devices are connected to the new network.
- You may need to insert batteries (for example, two AA batteries for the Arlo Audio Doorbell) or perform a reset on your doorbell if instructed by the app. To reset your Arlo Audio Doorbell, simply open the battery cover and press and hold the Sync button for 10 seconds, until the LED flashes white in quick succession.
By following these steps, you should be able to reconnect your Arlo doorbell to the Arlo Secure app successfully. If you encounter any issues during the process, consider referring to the Arlo support resources available online or contacting their customer service for further assistance.
Overview of Arlo Doorbells
Arlo doorbells are designed to provide smart security solutions for your home, offering video, audio, and essential features based on the model you choose. In this section, we will explore each type of Arlo doorbell and their respective features.
Arlo Essential Video Doorbell
The Arlo Essential Video Doorbell is a wireless, easy-to-install solution that offers comprehensive video coverage. With a 180-degree viewing angle, built-in motion detection, and two-way audio, this doorbell allows you to see, hear, and speak with visitors right from your smartphone. Some key features include:
- HD video
- Night vision
- Built-in siren
- Weather-resistant design
- Works with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant
Arlo Audio Doorbell
The Arlo Audio Doorbell is a simple, cost-effective option that focuses on audio communication. This doorbell pairs with your existing Arlo wire-free camera system to provide two-way audio and notifications when someone presses the doorbell. Key features include:
- Two-way audio communication
- Remote communication via Arlo app
- Wire-free and easy to install
- Replaceable battery
- Works with Arlo cameras
Arlo Video Doorbell
Arlo Video Doorbell offers a more comprehensive home security experience. With a sleek design and various video features, this wired doorbell provides a wide range of options. Some features you can expect include:
- 1:1 aspect ratio allowing head-to-toe view of visitors
- HD video with HDR
- Two-way audio
- Night vision
- Built-in siren
- Customizable motion zones
- Compatibility with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant
Doorbells & Chimes
Arlo doorbells also have compatibility with a variety of Arlo chimes. These Arlo chimes allow for increased flexibility in your home security system, providing different tones and volume settings to suit your preferences. Some key features include:
- Simple setup process
- Adjustable volume levels
- Wire-free design
- Multiple ringtones to choose from