Have you noticed a flashing or blinking red light on your Nest Camera? This can be alarming, as it may signal that the camera is not operating correctly.
A blinking red light means that the camera doesnt have enough power to operate. A solid red light indicates a faulty camera LED.
Table of Contents
Why Your Nest Camera Is Flashing Red
Troubleshooting Power Issues
If your Nest camera is flashing red lights, it may indicate a problem with the power supply. A common reason for this issue is the camera not being able to connect to your WiFi. To troubleshoot power issues, follow these steps:
- Turn off the power of the camera.
- Wait for a few seconds, and then turn on the power again.
- Check if the Nest camera reconnects to your WiFi network.
- If the issue persists, consider moving the camera closer to your router to ensure a stable connection.
In case of a power cut, your Nest camera may also flash red lights. If you experience a power cut, once the power is restored, your camera should reconnect to your WiFi and resume streaming automatically.
Low Battery Indications
Another reason your Nest camera might be flashing red lights is due to low battery. To check whether this is the issue, you can follow these steps:
- Open the Nest app on your smartphone or tablet.
- Check the battery status of your camera within the app.
- If the battery is low, recharge it and monitor if the red light stops flashing.
If the red light continues to flash after addressing the possible power issues and ensuring the battery is not low, you may need to contact Nest Support for further assistance.
Checking the Power Source and Cable
When experiencing a flashing red light on your Nest Camera, it is essential to check the power source and cable. The red light indicates that the camera isn’t receiving enough power to operate. Make sure to:
- Verify the power supply is connected and functioning properly
- Ensure the power cable is not damaged or loose
- Try connecting to a different power outlet
- Contact Nest support if the issue persists