Changing your Wi-Fi settings on a Wyze camera is a simple process that can help ensure your security devices continue to work optimally with your wireless network. Whether you’re switching to a new Wi-Fi network or updating your existing network’s password.
Keep reading for clear instructions on how to change WiFi on Wyze camera.
Table of Contents
How to Connect Wyze Camera to Wi-Fi
Wyze cameras are designed to work with 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi networks. It is important to note that they are not compatible with 5 GHz networks. Before starting the setup process, ensure that your Wi-Fi network is a 2.4 GHz network.
Wi-Fi Network Setup
To connect your Wyze camera to a Wi-Fi network, follow these steps:
- Open the Wyze app on your smartphone or tablet.
- Tap the “+” plus sign at the top left corner, then select “Add Device” > “Cameras”.
- Choose your camera version from the list.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to set up your camera with the correct Wi-Fi details. This information includes your Wi-Fi network name (SSID) and password.
Make sure to enter your Wi-Fi details accurately and double-check them before continuing with the setup process.
Changing Wi-Fi Network
If you need to change your Wi-Fi network on your Wyze camera, follow the same steps listed above for the Wi-Fi network setup. You should perform these steps whenever you change your Wi-Fi network name, password, or other Wi-Fi details. This will ensure that your Wyze camera remains connected and functional.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I update the WiFi settings on my Wyze Cam?
To update the WiFi settings on your Wyze Cam, you need to set up the device again using the Wyze app. This is because your Wi-Fi data is sent during the initial setup process.
What steps should I follow to connect my Wyze camera to a new WiFi network?
1. Open the Wyze app on your smartphone or tablet.
2. Select the Wyze Cam you want to change the connection for.
3. Tap on the gear icon in the top right corner to access the settings menu.
4. Select “Device Info” and scroll down to “WiFi.”
5. Click on the WiFi network name and enter the WiFi password for your new network.
6. Click “Save” and wait for the camera to reconnect to the new WiFi network.
How can I reset my Wyze Cam to reconnect it to WiFi?
If your Wyze Cam is having trouble connecting to WiFi, you can perform a factory reset to try and resolve the issue. To factory reset your Wyze Cam:
1. Unplug the camera’s power source.
2. Press and hold the Setup button on the bottom of the camera.
3. While holding the Setup button, plug the camera back in.
4. Continue holding the Setup button for about 10 seconds, until the status light turns solid blue.
5. Release the Setup button and wait for the camera to reboot.
6. Follow the steps mentioned earlier to set up your camera again and connect it to your desired WiFi network.
Is it possible to connect my Wyze Cam to a different network?
Yes, it’s possible to connect your Wyze Cam to a different network. You simply need to update the WiFi settings following the steps described earlier in this FAQ.
How can I resolve connection issues with my Wyze camera?
If your Wyze Cam keeps going offline or experiences connection issues, try the following:
1. Check for issues with the network, and make sure your Wyze Cam is connected to the 2.4 GHz band.
2. Power cycle the camera by unplugging it, waiting for 10 seconds, and plugging it back in.
3. Update the camera firmware and Wyze app to the latest version.
4. If none of these steps work, try performing a factory reset and reconnecting the camera to your WiFi network.
Can I connect my Wyze camera to a hotspot or an Xfinity WiFi network?
Wyze cameras are designed to work with standard 2.4 GHz home WiFi networks. Connecting your Wyze camera to a hotspot or an Xfinity WiFi network may not yield reliable results. You can try connecting your camera to such networks, but it’s not guaranteed to work and could result in connection instability.